Careerminds is seeking a writer to contribute to our blog. You will be covering HR topics with a focus on offboarding, reductions in force, and career transition. All blogs are SEO-driven and will be assigned to the writer. The ideal candidate works well under strict deadlines, has a firm grasp of on-page SEO, and a conversational, friendly tone to their work.
This is a remote, contract position.
Who Are We?
Careerminds is a virtual outplacement and career management provider. We combine cutting-edge technology with personalized, one-on-one career coaching, which allows us to deliver customized services to anyone, anywhere at a lower cost than traditional firms.
Our blog focuses on providing resources to HR professionals at every stage of their careers.
What We’re Looking For
In short, we’re looking for a writer who understands on-page SEO and can explain complex HR and business topics in a friendly, conversational way that is easily understood by readers no matter what their experience level may be.
Here are some more details.
The ideal candidate:
– Is able to adhere to strict deadlines (5 posts per week, each post must be over 1k words with proper sourcing
– Is familiar with SEO best practices (a working knowledge of Inbound marketing is a plus)
– Is able to work remotely with little oversight
– Is able to take notes and feedback with stride
– Has a working knowledge of HR topics (or is able to learn and digest new ideas quickly)
– Is comfortable working on Slack, Trello, and other virtual tools
– Is comfortable with different CMS platforms (we use Hubspot)
– Can find, edit, and source header images using Canva, Photoshop or other tools –
– Has a sense of humor (We want you to take your work very seriously – not yourself)
How We Work
The writer will be assigned to a topic, keyword, and headline to flesh out into a full blog post, which will end up being between 1-1.5k words in length (this largely depends on how many words it takes to completely discuss the topic at hand, though the minimum word count is 1k).
If hired, you will work closely with our content manager and the VP of Marketing to ensure posts are up to snuff and ready for publication.
We are a 100 percent virtual company that allows flexible hours. We do, however, prefer a candidate that can be available during normal working hours (9-5) EST or CST to turn in work and/or make edits while our editors are online.
How to Apply
You can apply by sending your resume, a cover letter, and three writing samples to abrown (at) careerminds.com with the subject line: Contract Writer Job.
For writing samples, we’d love to see work from notable sites, though personal blog posts are fine. You can link to these in your email – there’s no need to convert them to PDF or Word documents. If you have a repository of your work, such as a personal site or an author page on a site you have been previously published, please link that instead of three specific pieces.
This is a contract position that will last 3 months, with the possibility of extension.